Friday, June 11, 2010

Lindsey's going somewhere...

If you wonder where she has gone... well, here's the answer.


I'm off to work as an EFY counselor. I don't know if I've been this excited for anything in... years. Yeah, in years.

In case you don't know what EFY is, it's an abbreviation for 'Especially for Youth', it's a summer camp for 14-18 year olds with week long sessions, directed primarily by people 20-25. I went when I was a kid, and ever since going, I knew I had to work there someday. It was one of the most uplifting times of my young life. Here's the official description for it.

I can't wait to go help better these kids lives, in every way I possibly can. I want to bring these kids the confidence that I found there, while they grow into adulthood. I know I've been prepared for this, and I am literally giddy with excitement. I know that if I go in with high expectations and a willingness to work, these weeks I'll spend with these kids will change my life.

And beyond that, it's going to be a blast. I am a nerd, and did a bit of Google & YouTube searching. I found a video that just made me laugh.



Anyway... never fear oh blogging community! I shall return soon. Then I shall go again, for longer. Then I shall return again. And then school shall start. Wheee.

Peace and love!

13 comments:

ScoMan said...

My brother does stuff like that. Looks after some youth group and all sorts of things.

He's a better (and more social) person than I am I guess.

Have fun!

Sheri said...

i know you're going to have the time of your life as counselor at efy...you will be sorely missed by all of us!! i have a feeling you'll have lots to share with us so when you get back, so, get out of here and get on with your life, girl ;)

Susan Anderson said...

Wow. I'm impressed! There's a lot of competition for those EFY counselor spots.

I can see why you are giddy. You're going to have a wonderful time. And so will your girls, I'll bet! (They are lucky to be getting YOU.)

=)

Mistie said...

good for you Lindsey! I also loved EFY and always loved my counselors. You will be perfect. Best of luck!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I hope the training goes great!

mCat said...

I have a special place in my heart for EFY. If it wasn't for a last minute invitation, and a counselor who knew the right things to say at the right time, my son might not be where he is today.

Love the EFY! Worth every single penny!!

Hope you know how much good you do

Cheeseboy said...

Enjoy your EFY adventure! I hope it is as fun as it looks. I never went, but sometimes wish I had. My bro was a counselor and loved it.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Have a wonderful time!
xoRobyn

laughingwolf said...

wow... enjoy your outing! :)

tammy said...

What a fun thing to do. I'm sure they will love you.

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for people like you who do good in this world! I love that you are following your bliss, and that it will impact children positively. Kudos. I know you'll have a great time and I hope you share all about it when you get back!

Powdered Toast Man said...

sounds like fun. I can pretend to be 16.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Haha, that's awesome! Have fun! I sure loved going to EFY when I was a teenager!

Post a Comment

For commenting on this blog, you receive one cyber high-five.

 
;