Thursday, April 29, 2010

Awkward Hugs: Defined

This post is inspired primarily by awkward hugs seen often by the likes of me, and also by this web cartoon that made me giggle.

Pictured right: Normal Hug, featuring Jessica and Graeme. Normal is not the focus of this post. But still.

This event took place last night. The following images are dedicated to those who did not know at the time that I would feature them on the blog. Way to live the awkwardness, my friends.

"The Leg-Wrap"
Demonstrated by Graeme and Lynn

"The Unexpected Hoist"
Demonstrated by Aubrey and Jessica

"No-Balance Insanity"
Demonstrated by Lynn and Myself

"The Bend-And-Bind"
Demonstrated by Graeme and Aubrey

"Surprisingly Sultry for an Institute Activity"
Demonstrated by Aubrey and Myself

"Not a Hug, Just Awkward"
Demonstrated by Lynn

Hug definitions have been invented by me while editing these photos.

Names have not been changed.

If I have my way, there will be many more awkward hugs to come.

Peace Out.

7 comments:

Mary said...

This is so funny. Love the last one. How does he do that? I always awkward hug. I have a tendency to always hug aroung the shoulders forcing the other person to hug around the back. It's a very aggressive move and I'm trying to break it :-) Love your blog.
Mary

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

*snort* Awesome. Too bad you didn't have one of the "Tap and Pat". It's one of those hugs where one party tries to touch as little as possible of the other person.

Cheeseboy said...

Guys are NOT good at understanding hugging boundaries.

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

BRILLIANT! I agree with the above, the "pat" has always been awkward for me, too! Sort of the "air kiss" in hug form!

This was a blast, thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

LOL Love it! Thanks for the giggle!

Anonymous said...

Good examples of awkward. Funny. Thank you.

Some I've experienced. "The Nose Bash" where both parties lean the same direction. "The Handshake Turned into a Hug" (watch out where the hands end up between the bodies.) "The Oops, I meant to reach higher" and the Badly Aimed 'Hi, there, bosom'" when one is not paying attention. Oh, also the "Oh, I thought you were some one else" when one has had a drink and gives a kiss with the hug.

ReformingGeek said...

I love the hugs and the cartoon!

Post a Comment

For commenting on this blog, you receive one cyber high-five.

 
;